5 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 lb)
2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 medium onion - diced
4 cloves garlic - minced
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper - to taste
Fresh green beans lightly steamed - optional
Corn or flour tortillas crisped on top oven rack set to broil - LO and cut with scissors to preferred size
Sour cream or greek yogurt
- Place all ingredients except green beans in crock.
- Set crock to low for 4-6 hours or high 3-5 hours until chicken is tender
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred or dice. Return to crockpot.
- Optional: Just before serving lightly steam green beans and serve with soup.
- Top with preferred toppings.
Altered from Rival Crock-Pot® Best-Loved Slow Cooker Recipes