Saturday, November 30, 2013

Pie Crust Recipe

This is the most amazing pie crust recipe I have ever found. I do not know the original source but my aunt Sylvia shared it with me


Pie Crust Recipe
5 C. Flour
2 C. shortening
1 Egg
2/3 C. cold water
1 1/2 Tablespoons white vinegar
1 Tablespoon. Brown Sugar
pinch of salt

  1. Mix all ingredients in a mixing bowl - I use my kitchenaid mixer 
  2. Separate into 2 balls cover in plastic wrap and chill.
  3. For the best pie making, let the crust warm up a little bit before you roll it out. It really helps when the crust is still a little bit cold, because it makes it easier to work with.
  4. Follow baking instruction with what ever pie you make or to make a crust for a non-baked pie bake crust at 375 degrees for 15-22 minutes

Makes 4, 9 inch pie crusts.
Keeps in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment