For the past five years I have mixed up leftovers and made an entirely new meal out of them, POT PIE. Sometimes I will make pot pie with regular ingredients but it never turns out quite as yummy as leftover thanksgiving dinner. Marc (my husband) has gotten to the point where he will purposefully "save" food so that there will be enough leftover for Pot pie.
Combine leftovers and add to unbaked pie crust.
Cover edges of pie with foil to prevent over browning/burning. Remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
Leftover Thanksgiving Dinner Turkey Pot Pie:
All measurements are approximate and these amounts should make enough for two pot pies. I usually just dump everything in a bowl and see what it looks like:
3 cups gravy
3 cups mashed potatoes
3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (defrosted and drained)
2 cups turkey (cut into small pieces)
salt and pepper to taste
Four unbaked pie crusts.
- Combine ingredients above (except pie crusts).
- Put rolled out pie crust in two deep pie plates.
- Split the filling between the two.
- Cover with two more pie crusts.
- Pinch edges and trim excess dough.
- Cover edges with tin foil to prevent extra browning/burning.
- Place on cookie sheet in case your pies runneth over.
- Bake at 375 for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil on pie edges and bake for additional 15 minutes until golden brown & bubbly.
- Let set/cool 10-15 mins. If you cut into it too soon, it will just lose shape so it's not a big deal if you cant wait.